Sunday, February 22, 2009

What does every woman need on a Saturday morning . . . .

. . . other than a mimosa and some Advil? A solid eye makeup remover. When I wake up at 7am on a Saturday because Little Dog is yelping from his crate that he will DIE IF HE DOESN'T GO OUT RIGHT NOW, the first thing I reach for in the bathroom is my eye-makeup remover. As you already know from how much I love Bare Escentuals, I've been known to fall asleep in my makeup once or twice (blame the wine!) - so a solid eye makeup remover is my Saturday-morning-savior. 

The one I use right now is  Bliss's Lid+Lash Wash ($14) :


It's a thick gel, so it doesn't run all over your face, and it's easy to keep out of your eyes. Sometimes I'll even keep it in the fridge to help de-puff my eyes after a particularly festive weekend (or a particularly long week at the office). 

Another way to do it is to use Vaseline ($2). The texture is a little gross, but it works the exact same way for 1/7th the cost.  

I use both the same way - spread a bit over my eyelids with a cotton ball and then wipe it off with a fresh cotton ball or a cloth. It works so much better than soap and water - so there's really no excuse to not go all-out on your smokey eyes. 

1 comment:

  1. I'm all about the vaseline - it moisturizes like a charm at night, too!

    ReplyDelete