Saturday, February 21, 2009

Raves and Reviews . . . Hollywood Lips


A Pretty Analyst first! - A guest blog from our good friend neighbour:

Angelina? Scarlett? . . . middle-aged housewife?

Since, obviously, everyone is always asking me how my lips always look so fabulous, I thought I'd let you in on the secret: Hollywood Lips. I am not normally a lip-focused person. The only time I have ever worn lipstick other than for Halloween was at my wedding (and even then it made me nervous.), and I rarely wear anything other than Burt's Bee's lip balm (which is also fantastic). Pretty much I am the equivalent of a vanilla-only ice cream person when it comes to lips. That is mostly because I need it to meet my requirements, which are:

a.) look natural. I want them to look kissable, not laughable.

b.) be non-sticky. Please, TELL ME the worst feeling ever is not having your hair get stuck on your lips (or your lips stuck to your lips if it is that bad).

c.) easy to apply and long-lasting. 'nuff said.

d.) smell/taste good. I have one lipbalm I only wear when my hubby is gone. He says the smell makes him feel like barfing.

e.) cheap. duh.

Not to prostitute myself for this stuff or anything, but not only does it meet all of the above, but it also:

1.) plumps my lips and erases lines(not kidding-there is a difference!)

2.) tingles nicely (probably from the plumping)

3.) is SUPER shiny (makes lips look kissable and smooth)


I stumbled across the Hollywood lips line by accident when I needed to spend a few more bucks on amazon.com ($15) to get the free shipping, and I thought: what the hell, I'll try a coconut lip plumper and citrus sugar lip scrub. I tried it when it arrived, and was instantly HOOKED. So, my friends, since I care about (most of) you, I'm passing on this recommendation to the mother lode of fabulous lips. Enjoy!

1 comment: