Wednesday, February 18, 2009

A better way . . . to make lip color last

Since MsGullible brought it up in a comment and it's something I'm always trying to figure out - here are some ideas for how to make lip color last longer:

1. Use liquid foundation or concealer as a base coat before applying. 

Since I use a powder foundation, I don't do this on a daily basis, but I'll bust it out for a special occasion and it really does work. 

2. Try a lip primer. 
I suggest Guerlain's Kiss Kiss Lip Lift (Sephora, $30). It's ready to go, easy to use and never fails to do the trick. It's a great conditioner, too. Beware if you like your color glossy or creamy, this makes most of my lipsticks more matte than they were without it. 

3. Use a nude lip liner to line your lips and shade from the outside in. 

This is a neat way to keep gloss from bleeding out and to give it a little more staying powder. Try NARS Velvet Matte Lip Pencil in Belle De Jour (Sephora, $24). 

Alright, it's a quickie tonight because I have an Excel training to run to - no joke, this is my life. 

1 comment:

  1. Hmm, the foundation idea is pretty good and cheaper than actually buying the lip primer.

    ReplyDelete