Monday, March 23, 2009

Wink . . . Kind of gross, kind of pretty

Monday mornings are usually pretty rough for me - no matter how many March Madness basketball games I napped through on Sunday, I still am not quite ready for the 6 am alarm.  And neither is my face. Even after my walk with Little Dog, my skin is blotchy and my eyes are puffy. A warm shower and some moisturizer works wonders for my skin, but my eyes are tougher. On your average workday, I don't worry about it, but there is a trick you can use when it really matters - wedding days, presentations, Twilight DVD release parties . . . the usual. 
The trick? Preparation H. 
I know, the idea is a little gross, but the science makes sense. It's a vasoconstrictor, meaning it narrows blood vessels, reducing swelling. I've heard the cream works better than the gel, since it rubs in slightly better. It doesn't work on everyone (depends how puffy and sensitive your skin is) and you should test it on your skin BEFORE a big day, just in case. But sometimes knowing I look more prepared for a Monday/Twilight Party than I may feel makes it a little easier to get through. 

No comments:

Post a Comment