Thursday, April 9, 2009

Glow . . . Kinerase Face Serum

This week I've been sampling Kinerase's Brightening Face Serum

When I was in Arizona last month I got a Vitamin C facial and let me tell you - it stung like you wouldn't believe. This product felt like a milder version of that facial. 

I'm always torn when a product stings because while it's not the most comfortable and makes me think that there must be lots of chemicals involved, it does tell me that it's working. It maybe a close cousin of an acid wash but at least I didn't pay $140 to have nothing happen to my face. Or worse - have it happen gradually. I grew up in the age of microwave popcorn and the internet, people. I wait for nothing, not even face serums. To make the insta-results even better, there's something in this product that is subtly glittery, so my face not only felt like something serious was happening to it, it looked nice and shimmery for the rest of the day. 

All that being said, however, I'm just not accustomed to paying so much money for any type of face product, so the $140 price tag would be a little tough for me to swallow. I just keep thinking, "This is worth 3 months of yoga- or an outfit at Banana- or a WHOLE MONTH of In'N'Out dinners . . !"





Not that I would eat a whole month's worth of In'N'Out burgers . . . Ahem. 

So in summary - if you're looking for a brightening serum that you know will work and will be pleasantly shimmery in the meantime - this is your product. If you're in the middle of a recession like the rest of us, I recommend a good mud mask and a bottle of two buck chuck. It'll get you through the week a lot faster and a whole lot cheaper. 

No comments:

Post a Comment